My husband rates buffalo chicken wraps. Yes, he rates wraps. If you take pizza out of the equation, buffalo chicken wraps are probably his next favorite food. So, whenever he has one at a restaurant, he rates them based on flavor, texture and quality of the wrap.
Since buffalo chicken wraps aren’t always the healthiest option, we decided to recreate our own at home. Here’s the key – you have to grill the wrap. Trust me, it makes a world of a difference.
Grilled chicken breast (perfect use of leftover chicken)
Ranch (make it healthy with plain Greek yogurt mixed with a Ranch packet)
Buffalo sauce (Red Hot)
Salt + Pepper
- If you don’t have leftover chicken, cook up some fresh chicken. Simply clean the breasts and season with salt + pepper. Grill until cooked through.
- Slice your chicken into bite-sized pieces and place into a bowl.
- Add as much or as little ranch + Red Hot as you desire, to your bowl with chicken.
- Slice your tomatoes into small pieces and shred your lettuce. Add both to your bowl. Toss to coat.
- Microwave your wrap for 10 seconds so it doesn’t split when you’re rolling it.
- Place your wrap on a flat surface and fill with your chicken mixture. Wrap tightly by folding in the two ends and rolling your wrap together.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add a teaspoon of oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place your filled wrap onto your hot skillet and brown on each side for a minute or two. This will give you the crispy, delicious crust.
We served our wraps with homemade french fries. Simply slice some red potatoes into tiny strips (we leave the skin on), and place on a baking sheet. Spritz some olive oil or cooking spray directly onto the potato slices and season with salt + pepper. Place into a preheated 450 degree oven and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 30-45 minutes. Tip: Turn your oven on broil for the last minute of cooking.
Dippers in the house? (Two hands up.) Mix some Ranch + Red Hot into a tiny dish and serve with your meal for dipping.