This past weekend Alex and I were craving brunch…without the brunch price tag. So we whipped together these super simple breakfast BLTs. They were so, so yummy, easy, and inexpensive to make.
Hearty Italian bread
Salt & pepper
- Heat your skillet over medium heat and cook your bacon. We’re turkey bacon eaters, but regular bacon would be quite delicious.
- While your bacon is cooking, thinly slice your tomato and wash + dry your lettuce.
- Once your bacon is crispy, remove from skillet and spray with cooking spray (if needed). Crack your egg over the skillet and cook to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, toast your bread. We had leftover hearty, Italian bread which was worth the splurge and really made the sandwich.
- Assemble! Spread mayonnaise on your toasted bread. For a twist, skip the mayo and use avocado – yum, yum. Top with tomato, lettuce, turkey bacon and your egg. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
Enjoy! This little sammy definitely filled our craving for brunch, without the calories or price tag.