I eat a lot of salad in the summer — shocking, right? I used to always buy my salad dressing. I know! (Hides in embarrassment).
Until now. A couple weeks ago I found this awesome glass salad dressing container from none other than Aldi. At $4.99, I’m just wondering why I didn’t buy a second one.
I’m telling you – go buy yourself a dressing jar and make your own dressing. You’ll thank me later.
Italian Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white or cider (or apple) vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grown mustard (or more, if you like mustard as much as me!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
P.S. Can’t find a dressing jar? Grab a mason jar with a tight lid – works just as well.