Sometimes there’s nothing better than a bowl of spaghetti + meatballs…am I right? This comfort food goodness is especially yummy when there’s a chill in the air, and I’m certainly not ready to give it up during the summer months. So, I either wait for a cool day like we had last week in Milwaukee, or…I close the windows, put on the air, and pretend it’s a cozy fall night. For real though.
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 cup fresh spinach (optional)
Salt + pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except mozzarella cheese. Whenever I have fresh spinach in the house, I throw a handful into the mixture. It’s delish. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll mixture into small meatballs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. oil.
- Add meatballs to skillet + brown on each side for 2 minutes each.
- In the meantime, make this homemade marinara – I’m telling you, it’s so easy and so delicious.
- Add meatballs to the marinara sauce and cover; cook until meatballs are done. I usually let them simmer in the sauce for a good 10-15 minutes.
- In the last 2 minutes, sprinkle the meatballs with mozzarella, or your favorite cheese blend, cover, and let the cheese melt.
Serve with noodles, or use a Spiralizer to make your own zuccinni noodles. Sit back, relax + enjoy!